- Because we know that everything we have comes from God. He is the giver and we are the receivers. (I Chronicles 29:14)
- Because we want to honor the Lord with that which he has trusted us with. (Proverbs 3:9-10)
- Because we want to reverence God with our giving (Deuteronomy 14:23)
- Because God has given us a promise of blessing if we will trust him (Malachi 3:10)
- Because we want to be obedient to God’s word. (Matthew 5:17)
- Because it teaches me to put God first.
- Because we believe in the mission of the Church. (Matthew 28:19)
- Because Jesus said, “Give, and it will be given unto you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over shall men give unto your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.” (Luke 6:38)
Tithing honors God as the owner, the sustainer, and the giver of all. It is to be used to support the temple, as it carries out the mind, the message, the mission, and ministry of Jesus Christ.